AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Samurai Champloo Composer Jun 'Nujabes' Seba Passes Away

by Dhumahn » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... asses-away

Automobile accident in Tokyo on February 26 claims hip-hop producer's life

"The official website of hydeout productions has announced on Thursday that Jun Seba, the hip-hop producer better known as Nujabes, passed away due to an automobile accident in Tokyo late in the evening of February 26. He was 36 years old. An ambulance had rushed Nujabes to a hospital in Tokyo's Shibuya ward, but the live-saving efforts of the medical staff were ultimately unsuccessful.

Nujabes made his professional debut in 2003 on the label compilation album first collection and his first solo album, Metaphorical Music. He composed the music in Manglobe's Samurai Champloo television anime series, including its "Battlecry" opening theme song. He had left behind some unreleased tracks in the studio, and his label plans to release those tracks on some format in the future. "

It's a sad, sad day today.... :(

...although why did it take almost a month to be made pubilc? :?
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Samurai Champloo Composer Jun 'Nujabes' Seba Passes Away

by Last Exile » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:31 pm

He may have been in a coma and wasn't going to get out of it. I'm guessing that happened and they eventually decided to switch off life support.

*sob* I am gutted....I really am. This guy was a genius. The two OSTs to Samurai Champloo were just genius. This guy was ahead of his time and had so much to give. Battlecry, The Space Between Two Worlds, Ole, 624 Part 1 & 2, Arururian Dance, Silver Children, Vagrancy, Chambers, Funkin', How You Feel, Mystline....this was just some of the most brilliant, evocative and soulful music ever made. And we have been robbed of the chance to hear him make more awesome music -_- *smashes fist against table*

Wherever Nujabes is, I hope he bridged the gap between two worlds and is treating the afterlife to a funkin' like it's 2099. RIP mate. The world will dearly miss you! ><
Disgusting...
Last Exile