AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

A quarter of adults to face 'anti-paedophile' tests

by Bazza » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:12 am

From the land that brought us the prude, Ana-chan and Top Gear:

A quarter of the adult population faces an "anti-paedophile" test in an escalation of child protection policies, according to a report.

The launch of a new Government agency will see 11.3million people vetted for any criminal past before they are approved to have contact with children aged under 16.

But the increase in child protection measures is so great it is "poisoning" relationships between the generations, according to respected sociologist Professor Frank Furedi.

The Telegraph.co.uk article

I predict this will turn out like the doctors in America. They'll keep driving past an accident because they are afraid of being sued if the person they try to help dies.

Sooner or later a child will either be assaulted and/or be killed because no-one would help them for fear of being labeled a paedophile.

It's not that hard to imagine. A young girl gets lost somewhere, but no-one around will approach her to help her find her parents. She's sitting there bawling her eyes out. Then a man in a trench coat offers her a ride home. Everybody gives the man dirty looks but no one questions him. Her body turns up in the Themes 3 weeks later.

Permission to say pommie bastards. /khaaaan

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too