AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

[LINK] Contemplating the pitfalls of excessive fandom

by blakus88 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Link to article

Very well put article in my opinion. Also, no I am not trying to imply anything :P .
blakus88

Re: [LINK] Contemplating the pitfalls of excessive fandom

by edible_hat » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Fanboys suck arsch. The worst I've encoutered

-fans the now-defunct webcomic by that guy who thought he invented pixel art and kept threatening to sue Penny Arcade who threatened to sue me for slander for saying that said "artist" didn't actually invent pixel art.

-all the people who switched from saying "Steve Irwin is a arschloch" to "Steve Irwin is really cool and anyone who says he's a arschloch is a arschloch" when Steve Irwin died.

-the idiots who claim that Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince isn't canonical because it contains a few things that contradict the most widely read Harry Potter fanfics.

A site for British TV shows (mostly sicence fiction) has a few people who are able to find fault with everything... they go on and on about how crap certain shows or episodes are, but end with "I'm looking forward to next week though"... every single week!

in short, fanboys (and fangirls) suck.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by blakus88 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:19 pm

I can't say I'm too fond of a lot of the band forums out there who keep whinging about how when their band is going to release a new album, they think it's going to suck for some random reason when bugger all information is yet to be released.

Also, the imdb forums annoy me to no end. It astounds me that people feel they have to repeat themselves like a broken record about how a movie will fail for some trivial reason. Don't get me started on the political debates that happen on there either :evil: .
blakus88

by Bazza » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:22 pm

It's like speed humps. The few bad drivers ruin it for everyone else who uses that road/likes that band/supports that team.

Its hut aus gesäß fans that put me off of going to the showdown since 2004.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too