AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Relatives of bar shooting victim seek Y190 million...

by Mappy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:33 am

Relatives of bar shooting victim seek Y190 mil from gang boss, others

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/391270

Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 05:00 EST

MAEBASHI — Relatives of a man killed in a bar shooting in Gunma Prefecture in 2003 filed a lawsuit on Wednesday seeking about 190 million yen in damages from three gangsters indicted in the rampage and two top members of a crime syndicate, the family's lawyers said.

The victim was among three customers in the bar who were shot dead in the incident on Jan 25, 2003, in the city of Maebashi when gangsters affiliated to the Sumiyoshi-kai crime syndicate attempted to kill the former boss of a rival group affiliated with the Inagawa-kai. The victim's kin filed the damages suit with the Maebashi District Court against the three gangsters and two top members of Sumiyoshi-kai, including Shigeo Nishiguchi who heads the crime syndicate.

Good luck reaching your next birthdays....
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Ryan White » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:36 pm

Suing people who make a living out of breaking the law? I've heard of futile, but this takes the cake. I'm willing to bet that an arrangement will be made in the near future.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President