AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Korean man marries dakimakura

by Last Exile » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:25 pm

http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/blog. ... ue&rss=yes

A Korean man has tied the knot with his 'dakimakura' — a large pillow with a woman's face painted on it.

28-year-old Lee Jin-gyu says he's totally in love with his plush new wife, who has the face of popular anime character Fate Testarossa.

"He is completely obsessed with this pillow and takes it everywhere," says Lee's friend.

"They go out to the park or the funfair where it will go on all the rides with him. Then when he goes out to eat he takes it with him and it gets its own seat and its own meal."

Lee dressed his bride in a wedding dress before dragging her down the aisle and 'exchanging' vows with her in front of a real priest.

Dakimakuras are fast becoming a popular alternative to real relationships in Korea and Japan. A Japanese company recently released a Robert Pattinson dakimakura which proved so popular with Twilight fans that it sold out within days.

1. I feel SO good about myself right now!
2. Taking bets for which one Madman will marry, anyone?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: Korean man marries dakimakura

by Bazza » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:43 am

/me look at own Fate Pillow.
/me feels mildly uncomfortable.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

Re: Korean man marries dakimakura

by Last Exile » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:03 am

I don't think owning an anime pillow is the issue. I own a C.C. one and don't feel ashamed about it at all. She looks pretty awesome posing like Audrey Hepburn.

The issue is someone was allowed to marry an INANIMATE OBJECT! Seriously, it's whackjobs like this schwachkopf that make us all look bad. :x

And I'll say it again - the ONLY man for Fate is Nanoha!
Disgusting...
Last Exile