AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Pete was wrong about Genshiken 8

by Last Exile » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:21 am

Just a word for anyone who bought Genshiken 8 this week. Seeing that there was no note inside on when the next volume was released and no pics from the next volume, Pete assumed Genshiken 8 was the final volume.

After reading it, it didn't seem like it so I did some research. Basically, I think we've finally caught Japan up in this series. On the pusblisher's site, Del Rey, the currently slated release date for Genshiken 9 in English is November. I.E. In SEVEN months.

However, I suspect either Volume 9 or 10 will be the last one. After the events of Volume 8, I don't see there much else for there to happen, considering most of the people still at uni are in their graduation year.

So, like Kare Kano and Fruits Basket, get used to the final volumes on Genshiken taking a LONG time to surface.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:10 pm

Damn, now I'll have to re-instate my order... (-500HP for myself....I must be really crap at this game, I've already lost 10 lives in the past month alone!)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Mappy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:54 am

Having read Dhumahn's version of volume 8, this is what I thought was the case.... Not the first time publishers have caught up to the Japanese releases (hello Yotsuba&!).
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man