AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

ICE

by Mappy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:08 am

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... e&aid=4974

One of the more confusing animes I've watched in recent years. I'm not sure if I like it or even understand half the stuff that occurs in just the first episode. I don't even know if this could be regarded as playlist material because of its suss moments (mostly involving the insertion of bioweapons and the biggest yuri overtones since Simoun). What I do understand is that: for some reason all men are dead because of some contaminant/bioweapon/environmental accident/change, and women are left running things, badly as it turns out, as there really isn't much chance of humanity continuing on after the last generation or so (despite obvious efforts to keep things going via fairly basic cloning), so they've all adopted various nihilistic approaches to life, centered around different cliques whose status and philosophies aren't properly explained. And there are monsters running about, after said terrorists (in maid costumes, no less) use something called ICE (see insertion bit) to turn themselves into crystal things that, if damaged, become aforementioned homicidal monsters. Oh, and lots of people die in gory ways, so Ryan should be satisfied.

In short, Whackedshit 101.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:14 am

That sounds like the most incoherent plotline since we first played La Portrait De Petit Cossette (and I'm still having trouble with that one).
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Mappy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:41 am

It is pretty incoherent. I wasn't even sure if the scenes that were spliced together in the first ten minutes were all from the same show.... The first few minutes has a scene set in current day where a woman, who looks like the IT boss from the first episode of Golden Boy, begins her day by dying in a freak accident. And I didn't know what this had to do with the rest of the show (and still, basically, don't) except that she appears as a somewhat peturbed spirit who may (or may not) be the product of the Unit Captain's imagination (whilst she is unconscious after going kamikaze against one of the monsters).

And that's before I mention the birds that turn into flowers after eating tinned crab, which promptly shrivel up and turn back into baby birds. My head hurts.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Jim Woolford » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:13 pm

watching mark's reactions watching this from the background was more amusing than the show itself. i tuned out when brains started splattering. the characters, not mark's.
JTW
Jim Woolford
They call him.... JIM

by stormy001 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:12 pm

Sounds like this anime staff smoke too much pot. :lol:
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Psike81 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:23 am

While having only seeing the badly animated promo clip .... im thinking they used Meth instead . Or better ... Ice ?
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Mappy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:36 am

Indeed, what I thought, actually.... They named the show after what inspired it.

I have to say, I was amused at Jim trying to explain why this oav made sense whilst at UniSAGA last night. :lol:
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man