Forum Administrators and Moderators

Studio Ghibli's current projects

by Last Exile » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:18 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -announced

Yeah, that's Ghibli material alright.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by michu_kitty » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:35 pm

Ooh, sounds good to me. I like his movies!
michu_kitty

by Mappy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:20 am

I wonder how they're going to wreck these productions with anti-war and/or environmentalist messages, rather than just let the various worlds and plots, frequently planned out and sorted in advance by their respective novelists, play out on their own stage of well-made animation?

And Miyazaki is overdue for his regular whinge about the state of the anime business.

Geez, I'm a cynical curmudgeon in my old age.... Makes it look like I don't love the Ghibli films to bits.... :?
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:20 am

Mappy wrote:I wonder how they're going to wreck these productions with anti-war and/or environmentalist messages, rather than just let the various worlds and plots, frequently planned out and sorted in advance by their respective novelists, play out on their own stage of well-made animation?

And Miyazaki is overdue for his regular whinge about the state of the anime business.

Geez, I'm a cynical curmudgeon in my old age.... Makes it look like I don't love the Ghibli films to bits.... :?

He's whinged about Anno as usual lately. People are listening to Kon more about the state of anime these days. I think Miyazaki Sr. is setting himself to do it again since ol Jr, Goro, told the world Sr. was a lousy father that had no time for his family and because Sr. thought Gedo Senki was quite a good film and thought he couldn't retire with his son outdoing him.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:19 am

Well, if that's true, then it is pretty sad on Senior's part. Everyone else though Gedou Senki (Tales of Earthsea) was pretty naff. Not bad, just naff.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man