AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Old Anime Review: Hyper Police and Bakuretsu Hunter

by Mappy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:41 pm

Been skimming through both of these shows over the past 24 hours.... Takes me back almost a decade when these kind of shows seemed more important than they actually were because the availability of individual episodes was dodgy at best (through vhs, naturally).

Both were made, I think, in the immediate aftermath of Nadesico and have Keiji Goto (Vandread, Gate Keepers, Kiddy Grade, Uta-Kata) as their chief character designer. He was a busy illegitim in 97-98.... They were also pioneer shows in the post-midnight anime boom that occurred during that time, so the animation in cheap. But cheap in that old school, hand-drawn kinda way, so the cuts show up a lot more. But I have great memories of both of these, especially Hyper Police (Sakura :D ) so I don't really care. :)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Psike81 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:34 pm

Just to ask , how well did the series go until ep 6~ which was when AJAS stopped playing it in 2000 ?

I'm busy trying to get a hold of it now .
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Mappy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:14 am

It eventually turns serious with a businessman trying to incite racial strife between humans and non-humans but apart from that it remained fairly entertainingly braindead. I wouldn't say it was a great show by any stretch. 6-7 out of 10 at best.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man