AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

funimation adds ToV:tFs, Fractale, Freezing

by GarryGod » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:01 pm

The North American anime distributor Funimation announced at its Anime Detour convention panel on Saturday that it acquired the 2009 animated feature Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ for North America. Funimation licensed the title's home entertainment, broadcast, theatrical, digital, and merchandising rights, and it will release the feature on DVD and Blu-ray Disc next year.
Funimation also acquired additional rights for both Fractale and Freezing in North America. The company now has the home entertainment, broadcast, digital, mobile and merchandise rights for Fractale, and it has the home entertainment, broadcast, theatrical, digital, and merchandising rights for Freezing. Funimation will release both Fractale and Freezing on DVD and Blu-ray next year.
Kanta Kamei (Digimon: Diaboromon Strikes Back animation director, Kill Bill Chapter 3: The Origin of O-Ren visual supervisor) directed Production I.G's theatrical adaptation of NAMCO's Tales of Vesperia role-playing game for the Xbox 360 console. Kousuke Toriumi (Basilisk, Di Gi Charat, Naruto, To Heart) and Mamoru Miyano (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Death Note) played the heroes Yuri and Flynn, respectively. The original game was released in Japan and in the United States in 2008, and the film opened in Japan on October 3, 2009.

tales of vesperia: despite the fact i saw the movie thought it was ok for a video game prologue movie it was ok...
Fractale: fractale fans can vouch for this... i can't
Freezing: tehehe well if they can license Ikki Tousen and Sekirei i am sure Freezing would satisfy fans with the thirst for uncensored oppai fun! that and the fact the ED is really good song
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: funimation adds ToV:tFs, Fractale, Freezing

by Last Exile » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:50 pm

GarryGod wrote:tales of vesperia: despite the fact i saw the movie thought it was ok for a video game prologue movie it was ok...
Fractale: fractale fans can vouch for this... i can't
Freezing: tehehe well if they can license Ikki Tousen and Sekirei i am sure Freezing would satisfy fans with the thirst for uncensored oppai fun! that and the fact the ED is really good song

Vesperia - Generic game adaptation.
Fractale - I pity anyone that pays for it.
Freezing - Considering Sekirei's sales, makes sense. Bridget does have a nice body, fyi.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by kiddtic » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:33 pm

I like Fractale but i even i cant pay for it, Nessa isnt enough to make me spend the dough.
kiddtic
of Kidd's Anime Blog

by Mappy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Fractale is, in a nutshell, everything that is wrong with Yamamoto Yutaka's directing. But also a demonstration of why you shouldn't stretch the abilities of your series composer and primary scriptwriter over three different shows in a season. Something is going to suffer, somewhere, with the internal logic process of plotting and pacing.

I couldn't give a stuff making a comment over Vesperia and Freezing. They just don't matter enough.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Hans Stockmann » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 pm

The fact that Vesperia was watchable at all makes it one of the greatest video game adaptations of all time.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:23 pm

That's still no excuse for only aiming for the bare minimum pass rate.
Disgusting...
Last Exile