AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

ANN sinks to new lows...Tool of the Year, anyone?!

by Last Exile » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:48 pm

And just when you think they couldn't get any worse...a challenger arises!

After a month of declaring nothing she watches as shelf worthy, she praises THIS.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Tool of the Year for 2009....ERIN FINNEGAN!
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: ANN sinks to new lows...Tool of the Year, anyone?!

by Hans Stockmann » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:26 pm

My goodness me that is one ugly Exia. No paint, no decals, not even some goddamn panel lining. Not to mention he most likely snipped the pieces off the runner at the base instead of filing down. He didn't even bother to paint over said nubs. If you're going to put a No-grade 1/100 in a prime position like that, have some pride, damn it!

Why am I rambling about that? Because the rest of the article was fairly bland and pointless. Well, except this gem.
Erin Finnegan wrote:I certainly would not understand The End of Der Krieg without Mr. Horn's articulate explanation.

Can someone honestly explain to me what is so difficult to understand about "Be Invoked with more pessimism"?

Also Revoltechs are homosexuell. Real men make sure every last cent of their merchandise money goes to Bandai.

EDIT: On closer inspection, I gave him too much credit. He's left the goddamn nubs there. That's almost Blue Horror levels of bad building.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

Re: ANN sinks to new lows...Tool of the Year, anyone?!

by Last Exile » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:42 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2010-01-04

Read her review on Spice and Wolf. Her biases are appalling. To think people like this are the ones that get these positions is hypocricy at its finest....IN AMERICA!

As LittleKuriboh would say - THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!
Disgusting...
Last Exile