AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

ANNs Fansub Debate (aka Casey Brienza fails)

by Last Exile » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:07 am

Part 1
Part 2

A reasonable discussion from all sides. Albeit somewhat naive/deluded. But Casey Brienza...seriously...just when you think she can't lose the plot any more, she does it again...and again...

Oh well, Casey failing makes it an entertaining read. :lol:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: ANNs Fansub Debate (aka Casey Brienza fails)

by Mappy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:34 am

chicks-on-anime

Stopped reading right there.*
*My apparent misogyny being based on Bamboo Dong, Casey Brienza and Sara Pockocks' almost complete lack of any thought given into any of the subjects they discuss, thus leading to broad statements that immediately become flamewars on the ANN forums. I mean, their Net Etiquette piece was a blast against free speech on the grounds that they simply don't like internet tough guys and trolls, which, if implemented as actual policy, would have fairly frightening consequences. Fairly typical of all ANN contributors, really.

Casey Brienza wrote:Personally, I imagine a future where anime has become utterly naturalized—and by naturalized I mean that American viewers cease to recognize a difference between "American" content and "Japanese" content. In the way that hamburgers and pizza become "American food," anime will just become a part of the fabric of "American television."
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man