AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

FMA series 2 director + subordinate details

by Last Exile » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Update on those involved:

The March issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will announce on February 10 that Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya will reprise their roles of the Elric brothers Edward and Alphonse in the new television version of Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist "dark fantasy" manga. Newtype magazine had indicated that the creators were still casting the voices as recently as last month. The new series will premiere in Japan on April 5.

The main staff has already been announced in Newtype last month. The new project's director, Yasuhiro Irie, had previously overseen Kurau: Phantom Memory, opening animation footage for the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime and Soul Eater, and episodes of Alien Nine and RahXephon. Hiroshi Ohnogi (Kekkaishi, Noein, Macross Zero) is supervising the scripts, while Hiroki Kanno (RahXephon, Yu Yu Hakusho The Movie: Poltergeist Report) is designing the characters. Akira Senju (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Red Garden, Rampo) is composing the music. Besides Oyama, MBS' Hiro Maruyama, Square Enix's Nobuyuki Kurashige, and BONES' Noritomo Yonai are producing.

Viz Media published the 17th volume of the manga version in North America last October, while FUNimation Entertainment released both the first television series and its theatrical movie finale.

Aside from Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya getting their roles renewed, I'm a bit worried...
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: FMA series 2 director + subordinate details

by RanmaSaotomeS » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:29 am

Little bit worried as there seems to be the consensus that the second series will be a rewrite of the Manga.

IE thet will redo the first bit and basically follow the Manga.

I hope that they just continue from where we left off in the series/movie.
From within ones self there is always a great battle. But what if there was a greater battle.

The battle between worlds, the best of both worlds.

Ranma 1/2
RanmaSaotomeS

Re: FMA series 2 director + subordinate details

by Last Exile » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:50 am

I believe Studio Bones have already said in the past they were going to pick up at the stage where the manga and the first series began to diverge. It's likely to be a conduit for the manga, Jon. But hey, if there's Ed x Winry action, that alone would make it worthwhile. That was my main regret for the original series.
Disgusting...
Last Exile