AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Playlist - 22nd April 2008

by Dhumahn » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Remember everyone, we need at least 10 members paid up with UniSA's "Unilife" scheme by the end of tomorrow (wed 16th), in order to keep AJAS running in it's present form (free!!!!) THIS IS SERIOUS, WE ARE NOT JOKING, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!!

Apart from that, this week's playlist is as follows:

Dennou Coil 5 (vote)
Kamichu 8
Nodame Cantabile 21
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 4
Seirei no Moribito 17
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 10
Darker Than Black 10
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai 9

...enjoy.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 22nd April 2008

by Phill » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:57 am

I'm completely broke sadly, if I had the money and the ability to go to the right place (no bus ticket or lift) I would gladly put in my money to keep AJAS going. I can chip in a few $$ to someone who does pay today for membership to make up for having them pay. :P
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by (mad) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 am

i tried to sign up, but methinks i did it wrong, since i did it via the premium membership "join now" button and it decided to have an unknown error after my paypal payment got put through. it's now in the hands of whoever looks after their emails as to what happens :(
(mad)
180 Proof

by Atory » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:53 am

The PayPal is screwed I paid on Monday the 7th and I'm still waiting for UniLife to process it.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by (mad) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:07 am

i'm just more worried that because of what i've done, i don't have a username and login, so i can't sign up to ajas. i'm willing to try again and then force them to pay me back for the first time, but that requires figuring out what flocked up, so i don't have to pay them money for another failed attempt
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:13 am

I cant pay up apparently because I am not a UniSA student, if I can pay up regardless of student status or whatnot, Id have paid up, straight away regardless of cost, as Atory knows, especially to keep UniSAGA running aswell. I might be wrong though....
IceLee

by (mad) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:22 am

you can join without being a unisa student, or so we've been told. otherwise, neither i nor many of the people who signed up last night could have (though i don't know if i've managed to sign up)
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:38 am

Oh... but for unilife premium membership, I think you have to be a student? Someone told me something about having to be a student *confused* and that just reminded me that I have to set aside 15 dollars for Atory for friday.
IceLee

by Ryan White » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:44 am

If you have paid by PayPal you have paid, they just haven't set up their own account in order to retrieve your money. In order to join AJAS through UniLife go to http://www.unilifeclubs.com/SignIn.aspx in order to make an account, click on non-sporting clubs, go to Adelaide Japanese Animation Society, click Join Now and you have joined.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by (mad) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:07 pm

yes, but that means i'm creating an account after paying, so i don't know how well that'll work.
one of the people i sent an email to has replied, so i'll go by what advice they send me (just covering my ar se, not wanting to go through too much pain myself when i can make them suffer :P )
(mad)
180 Proof

by Atory » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Just went into the UniLife office... apparently they have lost my PayPal payment (probably all of them). I've now got my card but am still waiting to be credited on their system as paid.

Ryan did you find out about non-UniSA Premium Members?

EDIT: Ah, they are allowing them now. Looks like I have to change UniSAGA's membership details again and this time we'll receive no funding what so ever.

UniSAGA's now up to 13 paid that I'm aware of... How goes AJAS?
Atory
UniSAGA President

by (mad) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:03 pm

ffs, that site pisses me off.
i tried signing up using that link and putting through another payment, but there was a connection error and it thought that i'd cancelled the payment
another email sent to them, hopefully at least one of them will work out. if not, i may just go burn down unisa :twisted:
either way, i now have an account that's joined ajas, whether it's paid or not, nobody will know
(mad)
180 Proof

by Ryan White » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:05 pm

AJAS is now up to 13 premium members. Thank you to all that have chosen to do so, you are the people that allow AJAS to continue for another year.

As for funding, we may be able get get some as Deborah Gomes, the Non-sporting Clubs coordinator is considerably unhappy that they were denying clubs funding for social activities when the point of Non-sporting clubs is social activities. UniSAGA should be able to get funding for more T-shirts and AJAS may do something similar.
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Ryan White » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:09 pm

It's scary to think that they paid $5,500 for a site that doesn't work properly, isn't standards compliant and Deborah admits that she's done better with no training. They don't even have a favicon, even we have a favicon.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by (mad) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:24 pm

yeah, that's what happens when you let a mate of yours do it quickly, rather than finding someone who actually cares about doing a good job
(mad)
180 Proof

by Atory » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 pm

I didn't realize it uses tables until now. Get with the times.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:18 am

The free stubbie holders were cute. I signed up fine, I should be able to pay tomorrow. Was an interesting 3 hours of traipsing that afternoon after the trip to City West.

Deborah Gomes - what an amazingly nice person. :? Anyone else who needs to pay, be nice to her or else White will show you things worse than death.

Wonder if anyone will be silly enough to vote against Dennou Coil. :P Although Gundam's days might be numbered.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:14 am

Last Exile wrote:Although Gundam's days might be numbered.

I propose a truce among our warring clans. There is now a force which threatens to bore the hell out of both of us for a further 21 episodes. We must put aside our differences and unite against this common foe.

TOGETHER, WE CAN LIBERATE THE PLAYLIST FROM THE BAZZATRY THAT IS CELESTIAL BEING!

TOGETHER, WE CAN VOTE OFF GUNDAM!

:)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by IceLee » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:57 am

Oh so we can get those memberships now? *headdesks* I wish they wouldve told us sooner not later!
IceLee

by edible_hat » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 am

IceLee wrote:Oh so we can get those memberships now? *headdesks* I wish they wouldve told us sooner not later!

meh, you can use my card anyway (well if we're together when we use it at least).
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by Dhumahn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Bazza wrote:
Last Exile wrote:Although Gundam's days might be numbered.

I propose a truce among our warring clans. There is now a force which threatens to bore the hell out of both of us for a further 21 episodes. We must put aside our differences and unite against this common foe.

TOGETHER, WE CAN LIBERATE THE PLAYLIST FROM THE BAZZATRY THAT IS CELESTIAL BEING!

TOGETHER, WE CAN VOTE OFF GUNDAM!

:)

This is going to be an interesting vote when it comes up 8)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Phill » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:43 pm

If Gundam stays on I'll continue to count how many times they say Gundamn out loud each night, increasing in volume each episode. :twisted:
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by Bazza » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Phill wrote:If Gundam stays on I'll continue to count how many times they say Gundamn out loud each night, increasing in volume each episode. :twisted:

If Gundam remains on the playlist I'll be sure to find the most repulsive yobbos I can and bring them to each and every AJAS meeting for the remainder of Gundam (21 episodes?).

AND DON'T THINK I WON'T DO IT EITHER.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Ryan White » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:49 am

Bazza wrote:
Phill wrote:If Gundam stays on I'll continue to count how many times they say Gundamn out loud each night, increasing in volume each episode. :twisted:

If Gundam remains on the playlist I'll be sure to find the most repulsive yobbos I can and bring them to each and every AJAS meeting for the remainder of Gundam (21 episodes?).

AND DON'T THINK I WON'T DO IT EITHER.

And don't think that I won't throw you and your yobbos out and have security call the police if you attempt to re-enter the campus.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Dhumahn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:50 am

I feel a dark side in the force.... 8)

400p...yay! :D
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Phill » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:17 pm

I see what you did there. >_>
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by Dhumahn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:38 pm

See what?? :whistling:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Bazza » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:41 pm

Since the thread doesn't exist yet, I figure I may as well post in here.

If there are plans to play Mnemosyne 2 at the next OVA night I strongly recommend someone review it beforehand for suitability. I counted, ah, about 5 sets of boobies. :)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Dhumahn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:45 pm

Bazza wrote:Since the thread doesn't exist yet, I figure I may as well post in here.

If there are plans to play Mnemosyne 2 at the next OVA night I strongly recommend someone review it beforehand for suitability. I counted, ah, about 5 sets of boobies. :)

We already have (I believe episode 3 is around somewhere too...). Waiting on Ryan's final verdict, but at this stage it looks like it may still be played.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Episode 3 is out. A friend of mine in Minnesota saw it. He said the 'disecction' was off-putting to him. :? Um, what the hell? How did that happen?!

Btw, Deborah Gomes officialy wishes for the Unlifie website to be referred to as 'The War'. So that's off-limits.

All I can say about the current Gundam series is that I will probably refer to it as 'The War' along with every other series except the original one. Mappy claims that one was actually decent.

The Japanese spring season is offering potential replacements such as Alison & Lillia and Kure-nai. I don't think we'd be starved for material later this year once the spring series run their courses. And we could always find something to replace 00, if it comes to that.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Last Exile wrote:The Japanese spring season is offering potential replacements such as Alison & Lillia and Kure-nai. I don't think we'd be starved for material later this year once the spring series run their courses. And we could always find something to replace 00, if it comes to that.

You do realize we'll run out of episodes if we put those shows on the playlist. They are a little too new to be guaranteed continual subbing.

It also makes you ONE OF THEM.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Dhumahn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:42 pm

At least this season there will be a few shows not being considered for the playlist.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:55 pm

Atory wrote:
Last Exile wrote:The Japanese spring season is offering potential replacements such as Alison & Lillia and Kure-nai. I don't think we'd be starved for material later this year once the spring series run their courses. And we could always find something to replace 00, if it comes to that.

You do realize we'll run out of episodes if we put those shows on the playlist. They are a little too new to be guaranteed continual subbing.

It also makes you ONE OF THEM.

Wow, sorry I opened my mouth. I actually did bother to see whether they would go the distance. Both seem to be generating a fair amount of interest, half of Allison & Lilia has been planned out/named. I've looked at descriptions of twenty series and I could only see valid possibilities for 5 at most. Rubbish like To Love-Ru is too stock standard.

And don't group me with them, Scott. Not funny. :x
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:04 pm

Last Exile wrote:Rubbish like To Love-Ru is too stock standard.

Kanokon is in the same boat...the only difference is that it is so unashamed with it's level of fanservice (just saw screenshots of ep3...this has got to be the most perverted show since Girls Bravo!!).
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Bazza » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:27 pm

I'm with Last Exile on this one.

Kure-nai is not a show for 'US'. Even though it has a minderjährigen mädchen in it, there's only minor perversion (if you could even call it that - a bath scene played out exactly as it would in the real world) and no hyper-sexualization. At least not from what I've seen of it.

Give a few weeks/months for the subs to build up and it probably make a good show. How long does Serei no Moribito* have left?

*I'm pretty much certain I didn't spell that right.

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Dhumahn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:28 pm

Bazza wrote:*I'm pretty much certain I didn't spell that right.

That you are right. 8)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:06 pm

And all he had to do was check Page 1 to spell it right?! :lol: GG.

Kure-nai seems to have a good premise. A 16 year-old guy fighting for a just cause and protecting a very cluey 7-year old girl. Slice of life, tad of drama and comedy. Seems to have promise.

Alison & Lillia - Guy and girl go on a chase to rescue someone. Girl has the hots for the guy, guy is freaking oblivious. Miyazaki-like animation without Miyazaki-like pretentious preaching.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:19 am

Dude... I was kidding. I guess I should have put the :P emoticon.

They might be good replacements later on but not what will be considered to replace Gundam if it gets voted off.
I can't remember the number of episodes that need to be out before we consider a show. Something like 6 or 8.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:11 pm

All good.

Yeah, they're not viable replacements yet as they've only just produced their 3rd episode. I think White said he wanted to put on Soul Eater if a replacement was required.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Phill » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 am

In last night's episode of Gundam 00, we had a total of:

26 Celestial Being
23 Gundam
2 Meister
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by Ryan White » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:27 pm

Mappy counted 32 Celestial Beings without having been in the room for the full show.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Bazza » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:11 pm

We dont't count any parts that are repeated for each episode. OP and ED primarily. :)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too