AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Playlist - 10th July 2012

by Dhumahn » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 pm

ADVANCE NOTICE!!! DUE TO BOOKING ARRANGEMENTS, AJAS MEETINGS FOR JULY 17TH, 24TH AND 31ST WILL COMMENCE AT 6.30PM!!

After that night...never again will I play shows of that type...

Playlist will be the following:

Kaiji 2nd Season 24
Space Brothers 4
Jormungand 6
Sakamichi No Apollon 5 (vote)
Thermae Romae 6 (final)
Mysterious Girlfriend X 5 (vote)
Rose Of Versailles 4 (Retro)
Fate/Zero 14
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 10th July 2012

by Last Exile » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:00 am

Dhumahn wrote:After that night...never again will I play shows of that type...

Well, you're the one who made it a mandatory night without having to vote on it. All on you. ;)

Overall it went fine. Yes, the theme wasn't for everyone, but overall there was a spread of titles that accounted for a variety of tastes and scenarios. All but one show seemed to get positive results. Almost wondering if this night went down better than the space night.

Glitches with Girls Bravo and choice of an inappropriate Qwaser episode had nothing to do with me. Frankly, Gunbuster suddenly replacing GB was probably an improvement and made the night more tolerable. That said, I was in there all night while you were in there for...half an hour total? :P But Greg, that Qwaser episode was scarring. O_O Hell, even Leon had an adverse reaction to it and he's fairly liberal with what he watches and he's read the source manga, so that says something. Don't take it to that extreme next time. The fact only Christine seemed to take it well says something. -_-

But meh, most titles got a good response. People loved Golden Boy (sorry Mappy, but I knew 5 was the right episode and it was a hit), Gunbuster pleases far more than it doesn't, that particular Chobits episode is good for a laugh, early Haganai was actually good - pity after 4 eps it takes a nosedive, Ebichu is whack but in a somewhat good way, Charlotte makes up a good amount for everything wrong with IS - particularly if you only watch the episodes centred around her, Yosuga no Sora is decent if you avoid the last arc. Just a pity about freaking Qwaser (HOW is this licensed by Madman...that is a disgrace. Amusing how in 5 years they went from 'Higurashi is too suspect to license!' to 'Ecchi sells - DO WANT', considering Higurashi is tamer than most of the ecchi they acquire lately.). But at least it wasn't Queen's Blade. ;) Imagine what that would have let loose...

Well, we said one night and one night only. So don't expect anything like that at AJAS for a long time.

PS. Lance is offloading his anime collection at good prices. Check Lance Murray on Facebook if you want to get what he's got.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Sounds like something I should have attended. Unfortunately, I had far more pressing issues at hand yesterday...

I dunno. Maybe it's time to trade in on a less unfortunate vehicle.

The big question at hand now is whether Mysterious Girlfriend will make the cut or not... :)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Dhumahn » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Wtf happened there?!?
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Bazza » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Dear senior citizen, senior citizen'd into the path of a Mazda pickup truck. I was the first on the scene. :D

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too