Forum Administrators and Moderators

Playlist - 6th March 2012

by Dhumahn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 pm

AJAS 2012 THEME NIGHT #1
"BARREL OF LAUGHS"

This week's playlist is as follows (even if I don't actually put anything in):

Show #1
Show #2
Games (one being a music box) and other stuff (since we have noobs this week, I want to do something for them too)
Show #3
Show #4
Show #5

Suggestions?? Post them here before sunday, and I'll see what I can do :)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 6th March 2012

by Hans Stockmann » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Garzey's Wing (english dub)
Black Lion (english dub)
Ping Pong Club
Kodocha
The Crystal Triangle
Earth Girl Arjuna
Kokoro Library
The Brave of Gold: Goldran
Xabungle
Brain Powr'd

Put any/all of those on and I'd be down with watching some cartoons with you guys.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Mappy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:Kodocha

I would bring this. But people would just have a big grizzle about it.

4444 posts. Still grumpy as f.uck.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Adamar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:Put any/all of those on and I'd be down with watching some cartoons with you guys.

Isn't there also a so bad it's good night?
Adamar

by Last Exile » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Adamar wrote:
Hans Stockmann wrote:Put any/all of those on and I'd be down with watching some cartoons with you guys.

Indeed there is. Which will clearly be a Horizon marathon.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Very true....speaking of so bad is good, what would a title like Goldenboy fit?? This week or that night?
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:04 am

More like the ecchi night for Golden Boy.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Ok, well there's a title for that night. Still looking for titles for tuesday, have one game complete, just making up the second...
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Hans Stockmann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Adamar wrote:

Goldran and Xabungle can't fit there dude.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Myself, Sam, Dennis and Barron discussed a playlist. We settled on this:

Cromartie
You're Under Arrest
Hidamari Sketch
Excel Saga

And if your claim of having 90 minutes of games/discussion/mystery doesn't hold up (because I and others seriously doubt you have 90 minutes of games and stuff to entertain with), include the following to fill whatever number is needed:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Nodame Cantabile (aka a romcom and because there's more than enough new people lately that don't know this show)
Nadesico

And next time if you want more input from others, ask people during a meeting since not even a third of attendees even visit these forums. Poll them, offer some suggestions or genres for them to pick from. Allow more audience input - they want to and will do it if allowed.

Also, if anyone else from the audience wants to contribute to the fun/games/interlude section - please do so. Pretty certain myself, Dennis and Barron intend to. Offer is open to anyone to do that for this night and any night in the future. People said they wanted a more social environment at AJAS and more events rather than just sitting and watching shows non-stop for 3 hours. As did prospective newcomers at the stall this week. So let's start freaking doing it. And not just those within the hierarchy - the audience as well. Let's start doing this like a proper club.

On a final note, after the Events meeting on Sunday, we should start considering what we could possibly do at AVCON AS A CLUB.

Let's start being proactive, people. Watching anime at AJAS isn't much different from watching at home. The social aspect is what gets people to come to AJAS. So let's start incorporating that more. As long as it doesn't involve toothbrushes.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Last Exile wrote:Myself, Sam, Dennis and Barron discussed a playlist. We settled on this:

Cromartie
You're Under Arrest
Hidamari Sketch
Excel Saga

And if your claim of having 90 minutes of games/discussion/mystery doesn't hold up (because I and others seriously doubt you have 90 minutes of games and stuff to entertain with), include the following to fill whatever number is needed:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Nodame Cantabile (aka a romcom and because there's more than enough new people lately that don't know this show)
Nadesico

I reckon we'll have to add Nadesico to the playlist, since I wasn't sure if 80 (not 90) minutes would be too long, considering what would be happening (one music box, one game of "Guess the Mecha", and the discussion on anything and everything). Which episodes would be playing?

Last Exile wrote:And next time if you want more input from others, ask people during a meeting since not even a third of attendees even visit these forums. Poll them, offer some suggestions or genres for them to pick from. Allow more audience input - they want to and will do it if allowed.

Also, if anyone else from the audience wants to contribute to the fun/games/interlude section - please do so. Pretty certain myself, Dennis and Barron intend to. Offer is open to anyone to do that for this night and any night in the future. People said they wanted a more social environment at AJAS and more events rather than just sitting and watching shows non-stop for 3 hours. As did prospective newcomers at the stall this week. So let's start freaking doing it. And not just those within the hierarchy - the audience as well. Let's start doing this like a proper club.

On a final note, after the Events meeting on Sunday, we should start considering what we could possibly do at AVCON AS A CLUB.

Let's start being proactive, people. Watching anime at AJAS isn't much different from watching at home. The social aspect is what gets people to come to AJAS. So let's start incorporating that more. As long as it doesn't involve toothbrushes.

Exactly!! (toothbrushes are creepy for some strange reason...) To be honest having 3 full hours of content each week is difficult sometimes, because you go through all the good shows constantly, and have not a great deal in reserve, it will be good to have a break each week to do other things. Even if the playlist was 6 shows every week it would give everyone the opportunity to do some real things, so long as it doesn't make everybody go broke in the process. For example, some nights we could do panels concerning different topics, or just discuss things that have developed in the anime world (kinda like a news bulletin). There are lots of things we could do, just need to apply it :)

I will rant more at the meeting... 8)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by kiddtic » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:03 pm

Exactly!! (toothbrushes are creepy for some strange reason...) To be honest having 3 full hours of content each week is difficult sometimes, because you go through all the good shows constantly, and have not a great deal in reserve, it will be good to have a break each week to do other things. Even if the playlist was 6 shows every week it would give everyone the opportunity to do some real things, so long as it doesn't make everybody go broke in the process. For example, some nights we could do panels concerning different topics, or just discuss things that have developed in the anime world (kinda like a news bulletin). There are lots of things we could do, just need to apply it

This makes me Happy!
kiddtic
of Kidd's Anime Blog

by Mappy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Dhumahn wrote:Exactly!! (toothbrushes are creepy for some strange reason...)

Oh Nise, what HAVE you done?

In other news, Another can't even have a beach episode without killing someone in a horrible fashion. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Mappy wrote:In other news, Another can't even have a beach episode without killing someone in a horrible fashion. 8)

What did they do, "Jump a shark??" :P
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Mappy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Dhumahn wrote:
Mappy wrote:In other news, Another can't even have a beach episode without killing someone in a horrible fashion. 8)

They've been doing that the moment the Ali Project opening theme started.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Mappy wrote:
Dhumahn wrote:

They've been doing that the moment the Ali Project opening theme started.

Very true, I've never been a big fan of their music...
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Bazza » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:49 am

Let's just put that episode of Nisemonogatari on the playlist. And not tell any of the normals we're doing it.

That would be quite amusing, no? Would that not be the entire point of this event, no?

8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too