Lovely Complex 9
Occult Academy 4

:mrgreen:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 26th October 2010

by White Demon » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Dhumahn, can I ask why you're taking Shion No Ou off to put on the final ep of Macross Frontier as part of a double when your graph from a few weeks back had it ending normally on the 2nd November?
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Last Exile » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:41 pm

After watching those final two episodes, Greg felt it was too much of a cliffhanger to show them on separate screenings. So he is showing them in a double-header.

From memory, 24 and 25 of Code Geass R1 were shown consecutively for virtually identical reasons.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:04 pm

that and "wow CG to the max" and "lets get rid of this quick so we can scar some people with rainbow possibly"
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 pm

What mendes has said is true....at the time when I made the graph I was still DOWNLOADING the final few episodes (and wondering why the filesize of episode 25 was twice the size of every other episode). After viewing the rest of the series I made a decision to put them back to back otherwise people would be killing me for having to wait another week.

...oh and Mendes it's R2 not R1 :P
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Hans Stockmann » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Though it's worth noting that episodes 24 and 25 of Geass were, in fact, aired back-to-back in Area 11.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:39 am

Actually, both Geass ones were shown as double headers at AJAS. Just different rooms and different people running the show. From memory, R1 happened when we were in the 'Cubbyhouse' room of the Playford (that room has the most O_O back walls) and R2 happened in the H2O theatre (with that zurückgeblieben front bench that blocked a good part of the screen) and the outside area always prompted talk of Basil Hetzel when someone said something flocked up. ;)

And from memory, ROD TV was also done back-to-back for its last 2 episodes years ago. Kenny was still in charge then, from memory.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 am

Last Exile wrote:And from memory, ROD TV was also done back-to-back for its last 2 episodes years ago. Kenny was still in charge then, from memory.

Same deal with Code Geass.... Episodes 25 and 26 were screened together on Japanese tv. The only copies floating about were in a single file format, so we didn't have any choice.

All things being even, it was probably a good thing we killed the show as quickly as we did. It had leapt galaxies over the shark pool by that stage....
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 pm

ROD was gone before it even started. ROD without 'The Paper' - -_-.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by White Demon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Dhumahn wrote:What mendes has said is true....at the time when I made the graph I was still DOWNLOADING the final few episodes (and wondering why the filesize of episode 25 was twice the size of every other episode). After viewing the rest of the series I made a decision to put them back to back otherwise people would be killing me for having to wait another week.

That's cool.

But something did irritate me last night, and that's when you said SNO would only get up to episode 19, when of course, that infamous graph showed it ending in the last week.

I just did a quick mock-up of how the existing shows pan out for the rest of the year, and with some other shows ending and no time to put new ones on (because they wouldn't get to the episode 5 vote before the end of the year) I believe we could finish SNO this year (and Occult Academy too).

K-on ends at 24 eps. I believe you would have the two special eps as well, so they would get shown together in the last week.
Macross ends next week. A new show would get to ep 7, so that's OK.
Tatami Galaxy ends on 30th Nov, so you really can't really start a new show on the 7th Dec.
Working also ends on 30th Nov, so you can't start a new show there either.
Lovely Complex will keep going well into next year.
Occult Academy goes to 13 eps, I believe this could be finished this year (and still finish SNO too).

Here's a quick rundown of how I believe it could happen.

2/11
K-On 19
New Show 1
Tatami Galaxy 7
Astro Fighter 4
Working 9
Lovely Complex 10
Occult Academy 5
Shion No Ou 14

9/11
K-On 20
New Show 2
Tatami Galaxy 8
Astro Fighter 5
Working 10
Lovely Complex 11
Occult Academy 6
Shio No Ou 15

16/11
K-On 21
New Show 3
Tatami Galaxy 9
Astro Fighter 6
Working 11
Lovely Complex 12
Occult Academy 7
Shion No Ou 16

23/11
K-On 22
New Show 4
Tatami Galaxy 10
Astro Fighter 7
Working 12
Lovely Complex 13
Occult Academy 8
Shion No Ou 17

30/11
K-On 23
New Show 5
Tatami Galaxy 11 (end)
Astro Fighter 8
Working 13 (end)
Lovely Complex 14
Occult Academy 9
Shion No Ou 18

7/12
K-On 24
New Show 6
Astro Fighter 9
Lovely Complex 15
Occult Academy 10/11
Shion No Ou 19/20

14-Dec
K-On s1/s2 (end)
New Show 7
Astro Fighter 10
Occult Academy 12/13 (end)
Shion No Ou 21/22 (end)

Just skip Lovely Complex in the final week and it all fits perfectly.
Of course all of the above does not take into account anything you may/may not have planned, I'm just going on what facts I do have available. Just a possible suggestion.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Dhumahn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 pm

*sigh*

Here we go again.......this isn't final this time, but looks good anyway:

"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:41 pm

White Demon, in a perfect world, it would be nice to load up the first week of 2011 with new shows to entice new people more.

But there is a real problem with that.

The schedule you proposed requires SIX new shows at that point. Having series to match the genre spread that Greg likes to set up, as well as being shows that are good - that's asking too much. The truth is the 2nd half of 2010 shows have been pretty shocking overall. And January + April 2011 isn't too promising. Truth be told, Greg and the rest of the think tank were having issues in the weeks before Detroit Metal City was put onto the playlist. This was not something we were confident in initially. So the fact it has turned out to be an audience favourite like it has was a fluke somewhat. And one that was rather critical.

There are shows already slated to go on in early 2011 that are being held back for the sake of having some major firepower to attract new people. But the selection pool is gradually drying up. Greg doesn't like to rely on a season having to produce several winners in order to have a playlist worth showing up for. I remember the days of Kenny's reign where he was playing several shows literally as they got released, within days of their broadcast. (FMP Fumoffu, Elfen Lied, etc.) That worked for a fair while because 2002-2003 were strong years and had a good pool to select from. 2004 was a weak year and 2005 really didn't show its firepower until late that year. In the latter part of Kenny's reign, there were quite a number of things being canned within 1 episode, let alone 5. (The Wallflower, Rizelmane, etc.) It did get to a point where Kenny did hold a discussion with the audience to ask for ideas, because he was literally running out of options. And in the latter part of White's term, there was also an epidemic of shows getting canned.

The point being - Greg isn't the type of person who likes having material voted off or playing something weak to fill a gap. He wants it to be worth coming to AJAS for. Trust me, he has planned out quite a bit of 2011 already. He's simply trying to avoid mistakes that he saw Kenny and White make.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by White Demon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Dhumahn wrote:*sigh*

Well I did say I didn't have all the information that you do.

Here we go again.......this isn't final this time, but looks good anyway:

I tip my hat to you sir, for your superior ability to plan ahead with limited time circumstances.
fekkin end of year dinner.
BTW, I prefer the first one, gets K-on out of the way too, rather than one ep left hanging.
But do not let that affect your decision in any way, please (and no I'm not trying to be sarcastic either).
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by ARTA8SIMS » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Well I guess I'll miss the end of year dinner again. I'm leaving on Nov 28th.
ImageImage
Anime collection HDD1: 552GB / 931GB Still going up.
Anime collection HDD2: 804GB / 931GB Still going up.
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Last Exile » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Except this time Garry is going with you?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 pm

i am not leaving till january the 10th 2011... he is leaving to visit his family on that date...
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider