Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san 1
Summer Wars

:mrgreen:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 1st June 2010 - OVA NIGHT

by Last Exile » Wed May 26, 2010 8:15 am

I don't think you need to mention much else. ;)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed May 26, 2010 12:26 pm

SUMMER WARS
Studio: Madhouse
Info Sites: AniDB, AnimeNFO, Wiki, Official Page, Animesuki, A.N.N., TVTropes

Kenji, a eleventh-grader math genius who works in the summer as a part time computer technician for the virtual world of Oz, is invited by the most popular girl at his high school to her expansive family’s home for a summer job. In the middle of their trip, a hacker infiltrates the network and takes control of Oz, plunging humanity into absolute chaos.

(Source: AniDB)

Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed May 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Made by the director who did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I.e. Made by someone who made something AJAS voted in at #1. Hosoda Mamoru is serious business.

This also happened to be the biggest selling anime title ever on Blu-Ray in Japan for a short period of time. Unfortunately 'The War' 2.22 ended its streak. -_-

It's weird that Madhouse is having financial trouble if it's made something as loved as this. Although admittedly, between 2007 and this year, it hasn't been a good time for them. They did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Death Note, Paprika, Nana, Black Lagoon, Claymore and Dennou Coil in the 2006-2007 but they didn't exactly hit the mark in the prevoius two years TV series wise, which has been Madhouse's strength over the years. This year they've done Rainbow and the Tatami Galaxy, both strong series. But I guess they don't appeal to the greater market, which is a real shame. If these guys go under, this is not good for the industry.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Wed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Last Exile wrote:Made by the director who did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I.e. Made by someone who made something AJAS voted in at #1. Hosoda Mamoru is serious business.

This also happened to be the biggest selling anime title ever on Blu-Ray in Japan for a short period of time. Unfortunately 'The War' 2.22 ended its streak. -_-

It's weird that Madhouse is having financial trouble if it's made something as loved as this. Although admittedly, between 2007 and this year, it hasn't been a good time for them. They did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Death Note, Paprika, Nana, Black Lagoon, Claymore and Dennou Coil in the 2006-2007 but they didn't exactly hit the mark in the prevoius two years TV series wise, which has been Madhouse's strength over the years. This year they've done Rainbow and the Tatami Galaxy, both strong series. But I guess they don't appeal to the greater market, which is a real shame. If these guys go under, this is not good for the industry.

you forgot redline which has been givin good reviews suprisingly from ANN but only way you can tell is to watch it i think its good madhouse will be fine...

REDLINE
The most dangerous and exciting car race in the universe is held only once every five years. And that’s tonight. The competitors are lined up at the starting block. In his vehicle, JP, the most daredevil driver on the circuit, is ready for the green light. Female driver Sonoshee, with whom he is secretly in love, is also on the starting line. She will stop at nothing to get on to that podium. In this race, not only is anything possible, but also anything is allowed. In fact, their adversaries have modified their vehicles to equip them with highly destructive weapons; with such participants, it is hardly surprising that Redline is forbidden by the authorities, who will try anything to halt the proceedings. These speed addicts have to put themselves in mortal danger to achieve their aim: eternal glory for those who finally mount the podium.

Takeshi Koike’s first animated feature Redline was presented as an international premiere on the Piazza Grande (Locarno International Film Festival).
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Wed May 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Geez, didn't think I posted here.... :?

...and Garry, I've made no decisions regarding Redline, so you'll just have to wait like everybody else....
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by GarryGod » Wed May 26, 2010 10:18 pm

i know that... i was just pointing out for mendes i am not makin suggestions unless you wanna go there?
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Wed May 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Nah, all is good....even if I was asking for suggestions, I'd still be changing my mind every 5 minutes 8)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Thu May 27, 2010 8:57 am

I am well aware of Redline and that Madhouse made it. I had marked it down for interest last year.
Disgusting...
Last Exile