AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Playlist - 1st September 2009

by Dhumahn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 pm

This week's playlist is as follows:

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 8 (FINALLY!!! GOOD F***KING SUBS!!!! :wow: )
K-ON! 3
Rideback 7
Nodame Cantibile - Paris Chapter 7
Hetalia Axis Powers 2
Higepiyo 2
Gai-Rei-Zero 12 (final)
Ef - A Tale Of Memories 8
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni 3

...enjoy :)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 1st September 2009

by GarryGod » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:16 pm

italy wrote:PASTA!
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:36 pm

You know, if we're going to start talking about food, we might as well have the Swedish Chef:

"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Bazza » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:14 am

K-On! is like watching 4 newborn kittens play fighting. Don't you want to take them all home? Let's not forget Azu~nyan, either. :)

Rideback has turned from a motorcycle anime into a politics anime.

Someone mind explaining Hetalia to me?

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Hans Stockmann » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:35 am

Sketch comedy starring racial stereotypes.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:14 pm

The replacement for Ga-Rei Zero is a VERY good series. :wink:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Last Exile wrote:The replacement for Ga-Rei Zero is a VERY good series. :wink:

rofl canaan by type moon what a world we live in...
btw ga-rei zero anime was very good watchin for me...
to bad when i finished watching it i was hoping the sequal which is the manga "ga-rei" would be even better
but to my countless chapter reading's it was nothing but shite...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by LemonadeRaygun » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Bazza wrote:Someone mind explaining Hetalia to me?

What's to explain?

That episode of Rideback was pretty dissapointing. Rin got on that Rideback and I was all geared up for her doing something awesome, but all she did was dodge a couple of attacks and then nothing. NOTHING!
LemonadeRaygun

by GarryGod » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:36 pm

LemonadeRaygun wrote:

What's to explain?

That episode of Rideback was pretty dissapointing. Rin got on that Rideback and I was all geared up for her doing something awesome, but all she did was dodge a couple of attacks and then nothing. NOTHING!

well the fact her brother was about to be turned into red paint and they were surrounded with armed ridebacks she sorta was'nt into the combat more like agile like a ballet dancer ergo dodging and blocking etc. rofl she gets her fair share of different rideback's very bizarre plot not the best thing that started airing in 2009 japan...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:40 pm

GarryGod wrote:
LemonadeRaygun wrote:

What's to explain?

well the fact her brother was about to be turned into red paint and they were surrounded with armed ridebacks she sorta was'nt into the combat more like agile like a ballet dancer ergo dodging and blocking etc. rofl she gets her fair share of different rideback's very bizarre plot not the best thing that started airing in 2009 japan...

I DARE you to say that in front of Mappy! :lol:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Last Exile wrote:

yeah right i am sure his passion for motorbikes with arms will make him angry over what i think of this... i mean come on its really fail attempt at new genre anime motorbikes+futuristic warfare+main character with ballet vigilante=ride"bare"back argh only reason i watch it is cause i could'nt be bothered coming and going etc. god damn it WHE NEED PROPER MECHA! to fill this slot in the playlist *sigh* i need to sell more pocky anyone think so?
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Mappy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 pm

GarryGod wrote:yeah right i am sure his passion for motorbikes with arms will make him angry over what i think of this...

No, I don't think that is what will get me angry.
GarryGod wrote:i mean come on its really fail attempt at new genre anime

No, it's this sort of comment that makes me angry. People call Rideback a "new genre anime"? You really haven't watched enough anime. Rideback is exactly the sort of show anime has been doing for as long as I've been into it. Completely absurd idea taken to its naturally absurd conclusion, because it is anime and because they can. It is just another series. With a story. That is animated. The end. Don't give me that "new genre" rubbish. There is nothing new in anime and hasn't been since those propoganda cartoons from WW2.

Or, more correctly, Mospeada had transforming bike mechas in 1983. So what's your point?

Next people will be embarrassing themselves by describing Patlabor as "not a real cop show". 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by GarryGod » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 am

Mappy wrote:
GarryGod wrote:yeah right i am sure his passion for motorbikes with arms will make him angry over what i think of this...

No, I don't think that is what will get me angry.
GarryGod wrote:i mean come on its really fail attempt at new genre anime

No, it's this sort of comment that makes me angry. People call Rideback a "new genre anime"? You really haven't watched enough anime. Rideback is exactly the sort of show anime has been doing for as long as I've been into it. Completely absurd idea taken to its naturally absurd conclusion, because it is anime and because they can. It is just another series. With a story. That is animated. The end. Don't give me that "new genre" rubbish. There is nothing new in anime and hasn't been since those propoganda cartoons from WW2.

Or, more correctly, Mospeada had transforming bike mechas in 1983. So what's your point?

Next people will be embarrassing themselves by describing Patlabor as "not a real cop show". 8)

ok thanks for pointing that out i will keep that in mind next time i watch that "stuff" whatever u wanna call it and sure i don't have over 20 - 30 years of watching anime experience i am 18 for fuk sake.
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Mappy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:04 am

Ah, I see. You haven't engaged the sarcasm detector, yet. I'll wait. *twiddles thumbs* :whistling:
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by GarryGod » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 am

Mappy wrote:Ah, I see. You haven't engaged the sarcasm detector, yet. I'll wait. *twiddles thumbs* :whistling:

oh well if u hav'nt noticed i find alot of sarcasm based around anime really hard to detect if u hav'nt noticed * i sit there and all these japanese words come out people laugh and just goes write thru me*
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Mappy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:14 am

No.... I don't think the sarcasm I was using had anything to do with the Japanese words used in anime.... :| It was more something to do with the inability to describe the reasons you dislike Rideback without falling back on made-up reasons (i.e. "fail attempt at new genre anime"). :shifty:

If you think I'm being harsh, wait until you encounter the full force of Fandumb. It's out there, ready to pounce on you for far less. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:07 am

I feel a great disturbance in the Force...As if millions of voices all sighed at once. And then...facepalms.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Hans Stockmann » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Mappy wrote:Next people will be embarrassing themselves by describing Patlabor as "not a real cop show". 8)

Wait, so you mean the police really do dress up as the Spanish Inquisition when bored?
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann

by Mappy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:15 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:
Mappy wrote:Next people will be embarrassing themselves by describing Patlabor as "not a real cop show". 8)

Wait, so you mean the police really do dress up as the Spanish Inquisition when bored?

Well, of course they do. Which is why they were such bastiges at AVCon.... They thought they were still the Spanish Inquisition.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Mappy wrote:
Hans Stockmann wrote:

Well, of course they do. Which is why they were such bastiges at AVCon.... They thought they were still the Spanish Inquisition.

And, when it comes to target practice, they dress up as Hitler and use cutouts of Haruhi characters to fire at :lol:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Hans Stockmann » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:26 pm

Strange. I must've missed the ep where they did that. Is it from the newer OVA or something?
Hans Stockmann

by Last Exile » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 pm

I thought that was what the did in the Jin-Roh movie.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:35 pm

GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:01 am

Now there's a pain that will linger. :wink:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Rim Dark » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:29 am

GarryGod wrote:
Last Exile wrote:

yeah right i am sure his passion for motorbikes with arms will make him angry over what i think of this... i mean come on its really fail attempt at new genre anime motorbikes+futuristic warfare+main character with ballet vigilante=ride"bare"back argh only reason i watch it is cause i could'nt be bothered coming and going etc. god damn it WHE NEED PROPER MECHA! to fill this slot in the playlist *sigh* i need to sell more pocky anyone think so?

more stawberry pocky is good and isee what you mean about rideback i did not like it
Rim Dark

by GarryGod » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:17 pm

Rim Dark wrote:
GarryGod wrote:
Last Exile wrote:

more stawberry pocky is good and isee what you mean about rideback i did not like it

yes well anyways about the pocky selling them again hopefully i can get there early (3:30 or 5.00 finish work up at st. andrews hospital working on a new operating theatre expansion) but today i hope to sell all of it thats 2x box's 20 in each...
selling price will stay at 1$ a pack (be grateful i am being very generous here ^_^)
GarryGod
Net Raider