Rideback 4
Nodame Cantibile - Paris Chapter 4
The Melancholy Of Haruhi-Chan 24
Nyoro~n Churuya-san 12
Gai-Rei-Zero 9
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 5 (vote)
Michiko To Hatchin 22 (final)

...enjoy :)

...also, can I ask a really dumb question.......is Pulp Fiction Comics moving?? I saw a "for lease" sign for their shop on the way home.....
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 11th August 2009

by GarryGod » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 am

i feel strongly about voting off ef tale of memories please do the write thing KICK IN THE NAME OF LOOOOOVEE!!!!
btw to that special someone oh yes KEEP GOING ZETSUBOA SENSEI cause its ur punishment buddie (dhumahn)
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:06 am

Not a dumb question at all.

Confirmed. Pete has been eluding to it very vaguely to me for a month. I suspected as much, but he wasn't saying much. Suggestion is that the place they're moving to will be bigger and better. Hope it's still close to Uni.

If you happen to know what a 12 digit number comprised only of 9s and 0s means, then that may be the definitive answer.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by xandox » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 am

Well if it does get the flick then it obviously shows democracy doesn't work. It was the show that was voted IN to begin with...

...although I'm not a huge fan of the slow pacing.
xandox

Location: Well Duh! Posting in the forums! (You're trying to trick me aren't you?)

by Dhumahn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:40 am

Actually, BOTH shows up for vote this week were voted onto the playlist by the audience....be interesting to see what happens the next time I do such a thing :wink:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Atory » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Last Exile wrote:Confirmed. Pete has been eluding to it very vaguely to me for a month. I suspected as much, but he wasn't saying much. Suggestion is that the place they're moving to will be bigger and better. Hope it's still close to Uni.

Just before AVCon I saw Pete doing construction work in the store just right of the entrance to their current store. I suspect they are just moving to ground level.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Yes, the mention of next door did leave him in a very 'can't confirm or deny' situation today. :roll:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:04 pm

I'm a little confused now, since the lease for the ground-level store was for all 4 floors, not just the street level. Surely PFC's not getting THAT big?? :?
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Dhumahn wrote:I'm a little confused now, since the lease for the ground-level store was for all 4 floors, not just the street level. Surely PFC's not getting THAT big?? :?

Pete said:

1. In 2 days time, things will be MUCH clearer.
2. Flyers will be involved.
3. That the number 09090909-900 holds significant meaning that reveals all. (He hinted the the Chinese used it a lot - ?!)

Hamish and I couldn't figure out the meaning of the number. But Pete has gradually been hinting to me for a couple of months that things are changing at Pulp Fiction in bigger and better ways. What it all means - wish I knew. Pete loves to be enigmatic at times.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Last Exile wrote:
Dhumahn wrote:I'm a little confused now, since the lease for the ground-level store was for all 4 floors, not just the street level. Surely PFC's not getting THAT big?? :?

Pete said:

3. That the number 09090909-900 holds significant meaning that reveals all. (He hinted the the Chinese used it a lot - ?!)

Hamish and I couldn't figure out the meaning of the number. But Pete has gradually been hinting to me for a couple of months that things are changing at Pulp Fiction in bigger and better ways. What it all means - wish I knew. Pete loves to be enigmatic at times.

grand opening?
that number? wait? 09/09/09 date but the 900 hmm
flyers its just re-opening to bigger better things on the weekend right?...
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:53 am

GarryGod wrote:
Last Exile wrote:

Pete said:

grand opening?
that number? wait? 09/09/09 date but the 900 hmm
flyers its just re-opening to bigger better things on the weekend right?...

You're definitely onto something, Garry.

900 - Could that be the the time on that date? As in 900 = 9:00 = 9am?

So on September 9th at 9am, Pulp Fiction is opening in new premises? According to the calendar, that is a Wednesday. And strangely enough....that happens to be during the Uni mid-semester break, I believe.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 am

GarryGod wrote:i feel strongly about voting off ef tale of memories please do the write thing KICK IN THE NAME OF LOOOOOVEE!!!!

This reminds me of what happened to Baccano. People walked out on it and refused to watch it after judging the entire series from the first episode, then got upset when the episode 5 voteoff was 50/50 (and thus saw Baccano remain on the playlist) because they were unsurprisingly out of the room when the Baccano episode was over. And then.... when we played episode 13 (the last tv episode) people had the gall to walk back in halfway through and actually watch it, then ask what was going on because, you know, episode 13 was actually good, n'stuff. Like the whole blutig series was, but try and tell them that....

Grumble grumble I'm getting old and grumpy mumble mumble.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 am

Mappy wrote:
GarryGod wrote:Grumble grumble I'm getting old and grumpy mumble mumble.

I must be getting old too, because you speak sense. :)

The only show I've ever walked out on is Blood+, and that was only because I'd missed so much of it there wasn't any point trying to understand it. Everything else, even the things I don't like, I've watched through at least the first 5 episodes.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Hans Stockmann » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Mappy wrote:People walked out on it and refused to watch it after judging the entire series from the first episode, then got upset when the episode 5 voteoff was 50/50 (and thus saw Baccano remain on the playlist) because they were unsurprisingly out of the room when the Baccano episode was over. And then.... when we played episode 13 (the last tv episode) people had the gall to walk back in halfway through and actually watch it, then ask what was going on because, you know, episode 13 was actually good, n'stuff. Like the whole blutig series was, but try and tell them that....

The exact reason I have not made a Shin Mazinger Shogeki! Z-hen thread on the suggestions forum.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:46 pm

On the PFC issue, hypothetically, as well as moving to the building next door and opening there on the 9th of September at 9am, other hypotheticals that have appeared are:

1. Space of 3.5 floors
2. A 12-year lease
3. Branching out to more merchandise and such once financial safety within the new premises has been established

But of course, this is all...'hypothetical' :roll:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by xandox » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Well the sign out the fron sait the 1st floor was leased so I guess it'll be just a ground floor store.
xandox

Location: Well Duh! Posting in the forums! (You're trying to trick me aren't you?)

by Dhumahn » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Well, maybe to start with at least.

Also, I've finished the episode in question....well, as much as I care to do :P
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn