AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Playlist - 28th October 2008

by Dhumahn » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:14 pm

...and not one show failed.....shame....

This week's playlist is as follows:

Dennou Coil 26 (final)
Spice And Wolf 13 (final)
The Daughter Of 20 Faces 6
Code Geass R2 20
Toshokan Sensou 12 (final)
Kurenai 6
Baccano 6
Shigofumi 6

...enjoy
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 28th October 2008

by Last Exile » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:58 am

Well, if around a dozen people dont wan't to vote for one of the options - their choice. Three shows got strong support, one didn't. The hands even got 2 chances to go up. If people wanted to do something, they had their chance. It's done now, so be it.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:28 am

20 Faces, Kurenai and Shigofumi got almost unanimous support. There were still people outside who could have voted against them, but because they weren't in the room, they didn't get the opportunity.

Now Baccano was the series I was expecting to be voted off, 2/1 odds, because it is both complicated and is of a style that you either love or hate. But even within the room, people seemed to be changing their vote, or didn't vote at all, and that's before we start talking about those who were out of the room at the time we took the vote. And as Mendes says, we voted more than once, just to make sure. People know that, if the vote is 50/50, the show stays on because those planning the playlist cast the deciding vote, and because of innate laziness always keep the status quo. If people really didn't like Baccano, they should have made sure they were there.

Also remember: if a show is voted off, those who wanted to see it can be supplied with the rest so they can view it at their own leisure. That offer has been in play for Gundam 00 since we voted it off. Don't be afraid to say no to something, because, with AJAS, that doesn't mean you'll never be able to see it through to the end.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:08 pm

Don'tcha just love Democracy?

Good to see common sense prevail in regards to the votes. :)

What would Baccano have been replaced with, had it been voted off? I get the feeling the only reason certain female members wanted it off was for something better to be put on. And we all know it doesn't work that way. :roll:

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by IceLee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Wasnt me, Bazza- I havent been to ajas sessions in months and whats Baccano about? *havent seen so hadnt any idea why would some female members want it off* and Mappy's right, there are members with copies of animes that have been screened or will be screened, I get some off some members so its all fine on my end if I miss something :D still, silly people thinking they can vote for something that they werent there to see etc.
IceLee

by Mappy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:15 pm

Bazza wrote:What would Baccano have been replaced with, had it been voted off?

I sent a pm to those that choose these things on that matter, the crux of which was:

Mappy wrote:Dennou Coil ---replacement---> Soul Eater (Ryan choice)
Wolf and Spice ---replacement---> Nodame Cantabile: Paris-Hen
Daughter of 20 Faces ---voteoff---> Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (Greg choice)
Code Heass R2 ---replacement---> Bounen no Xamdou
Toshokan Sensou ---replacement---> Gurren Lagann
Kurenai ---voteoff---> ???
Baccano! ---voteoff---> Natsume Yuujinchou (Atory choice)
Shigofumi ---voteoff---> Ghost Hound (Mappy choice)

This was a suggestion, made up of the suggestions of others. From a vacuum of alternatives, this might have happened / may yet happen. No guarantees.

IceLee wrote:still, silly people thinking they can vote for something that they werent there to see etc.

It happens all the time. People walk out on shows because they've decided they don't like it after 5 minutes of the first episode, then miss the chance to vote it off, as they keep claiming they will do, because of that reason. There were a few who wanted to cast their vote against Baccano after we'd taken the vote for Shigofumi at the end of the meeting. Far too late, people. And as I said, we took a show of hands twice for that series, just to make sure.

tee ell ; dee arr AJAS Voteoffs: Serious Business.

IceLee wrote:Wasnt me, Bazza- I havent been to ajas sessions in months and whats Baccano about?

Immortal alcehmists, 1930's gangsters and a massacre on a train all told in a non-linear fashion, for that added wft/clusterf aesthetic.

Baccano page at AniDB.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by IceLee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:36 pm

Ooh, Nodame Cantabile: the Paris Chapter! :mrgreen: I'm looking forwards to seeing that sometime

Baccano sounds alright, not top notch and a bit silly but alright at same time because I was expecting something more offensive since Bazza mentioned about some female members hassling people about Baccano...
IceLee

by Atory » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Mappy wrote:Baccano! ---voteoff---> Natsume Yuujinchou (Atory choice)
Shigofumi ---voteoff---> Ghost Hound (Mappy choice)

Damn... I should have shown up.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Bazza » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:09 pm

IceLee wrote:[...]because I was expecting something more offensive since Bazza mentioned about some female members hassling people about Baccano...

No, Baccano is not offensive at all. Simply that the offending vote-wanting members comprised mostly of females.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too