This is just mystifying. He's got just about everything a person could want. Money, fame, adoration, the Brownlow, the Premiership.
Yet he has to affiliate himself with the underworld, get Michael Gardner booted, fless from police at a drink drive test, gets busted for excessive drinking last year. And now it's come to him being a booze and drug addict, ruining his relationship with his girlfriend and beng suspended indefinitely from the West Coast Eagles.
Three things I ask myself:
1. Why, would someone who has such achievements by his mid-late 20s, do that to himself?
2. Why the hell didn't West Coast do something, like, about 5 years ago?
3. Why do players acting like idiots in public or getting in trouble with the law get a slap on the wrist while Simon Goodwin betting on a couple of matches not related to his side have to take the Ben Cousins saga to trump the media frenzy that went after him?
I then say to myself:
1. As I told Mappy before, all people want to kill themselves faster, even if they're successful.
2. Clearly a prermiership matters more than the wellbeing of their players. Look at the shambles Daniel Kerr is off the field on top of Cousins. Now that they have the premiership tucked away, they admit the problem they've known about to be out of control for over a year.
3. Because Andrew Demetriou is a arschloch and needs to harden the fark up and take actions to prevent this getting out of hand. If David Gallop was in charge of the AFL, he'd have gone after this years ago.
PS. Does anyone know which WCE player was one step away from dying during their trip in Vegas?
If this keeps up, maybe Adelaide or Fremantle can pinch the preimership this year after all. That is, if Adelaide has any tall players left standing or Fremantle don't have half the team suspended.